Sam Huckerby MSc.
Sports Therapist and CEO | BSc (Hons) MSST
Sam completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Therapy at Northampton University afterwards he continued his education at Leeds Beckett University, completing a Master's degree in Sports Therapy and is a member of the Society of Sports Therapists.
During his education Sam has worked in various injury clinics, allowing him to gain experience with various types of musculoskeletal injuries. Sam is currently the head sports therapist of Lutterworth Rugby club and works within FIFA (Football Association) and the football premier League based at the Institute of sport at St George’s Park. Sam has worked with several clubs such as Northampton Football Club, Leeds Rhinos and several GB athletes.
Sam is a Sports Therapist who is a healthcare professional who has the knowledge, skills and ability to
- Provide immediate care of work-related and sports-related injuries.
- The ability to create a pain-free movement for all ages
- Utilise sports and exercise principles to optimise performance, preparation and injury prevention programmes
- Provide appropriate sport and remedial massage in a sport & exercise context
- Plan and implement appropriate rehabilitation programme
Sam's treatment sessions are built within five key areas of injury. These are:
- Recognition & evaluation
- Management & treatment